Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Thanks Autumn!

My friend, Autumn, posted a challenge in January to chose a word that you wanted to be your motto for the year and I chose "simplify". I am on a mission this year to declutter my house, my life, and pay more attention to what is most important. Well, we spent this weekend getting our yard decluttered. Richard and I loaded up the trailer with an old hot water heater, a couple of lawn mowers, old cast iron plumbing that was in our house originally before we re-did all the plumbing, etc. Richard took it to town and sold it for $37.00. I'm just glad that it's gone, but the money is an added bonus! We also cleared out all the logs from a tree that we had cut down and finally got that part of the yard mowed again. Our yard looks great!

Another thing I need to thank Autumn for is posting all her wonderful shopping deals on her blog. I have always used coupons and thought that getting something for 50% off was a great deal. Well, after checking out sites like www.couponmom.com , I'm learning that free or close it free are even better deals! Here's what I've got this week:

Wal-Mart:
1 Eversave lint roller $0.97 - FREE + $0.03 back after $1 off coupon
1 travel size Colgate toothpaste $0.97 - FREE + $0.03 back after $1 off coupon
2 DVDs "Cheaper By the Dozen" (new version w/Steve Martin) and "All Dogs Go to Heaven"(cartoon) - on sale for $5 - $2.00 each after $3 off coupons for each

Target:
1 Dry Idea deodorant - on sale for $2 - FREE after $2 off coupon
1 bag Halls cough drops $1.19 - $0.19 cents after $1 off coupon
1 Johnson & Johnson First Aid Kit $0.97 - FREE + $0.03 back after $1 off coupon
1 box Hello Kitty Band-aids trial size $0.97 - FREE + $0.03 back after $1 off coupon
Total Paid: $0.15 !!!!! Can't beat that!

Beall's:
Polo shirt $40.00 on sale for $20 - $14 after additional 30% off coupon
Levi's jeans capris $44 on sale for $22 - $15.40 after additional 30% off coupon


Well, I'm off to see what other coupons I can find.

1 comment:

Mrs. McDaniel said...

Oh goodness girl! You are doing great! I'm impressed with your coupon deals!

DOn't you love when you can take junk and get a little cash for it! lol